Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec

Heavens! My favorite comic heroine by master Tardi, Adèle Blanc-Sec is coming to life on screen! A film adaption by Luc Besson (it just gets better) is going to see the day light in April 14, 2010 (it's not for long now!) I met Adèle in a sensitive age of thirteen, a family friend gave me a bunch of Dutch comics (!) and within was five volumes of Adèle's adventures. Though I didn't understand much of the text, I got hooked with Adèle's personality (she is cynical and has an Egyptian mummy in a glass cabinet in her living room, for a starters) and the weird tales of occult, mystical beasts and power mongering in beautiful art nouveau Paris.

Here's the quite classy site for upcoming film, love the music and well, everything about it!

No comments: