Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Travelling Jaloburys

I have had the luck to travel a bit lately, I was in October in lovely Ireland, mostly in Dublin, and last week I spent a holiday in Gran Canaria. Here's the best fotos of the most interesting places and things I met on the road:

******* Ireland******* A huge celtic cross. Dublin's old city walls dating back to 1240: Behind me is the haunted 40 steps (scary). Ireland is all green&beautiful. I visited the Newgrange (Brú na Bóinne), it's 5000 years old, even older than the pyramids, woaah! I'm taking a closer hands on look on the engravings. And of course I had to pop in a couple of pubs :) Pub food is very good!

******* Gran Canaria******* I visited a heart warming Cocodrilo Park, a private wild life rescue center and zoo in Gran Canaria. The park is also taking care of mistreated exotic animals. The animals are so amazing. There were owls and hawks. The first one is the barn owl, my favorite since the Jim Henson's movie 'Labyrint'. Also different pretty parrots and big cats such as this leopard and Bengal tigers. I met a lot of crocodiles, the big one is a Nile crocodile that is over 5,2 meters long and weights over a 1000 kgs. Big croco indeed!






























2 comments:

muk1 said...

No vautsi vau tyttö matkaa, kateellinen olen! Toi viiminen pöllö on mun lemppari. :3

Anu said...

:) Yleensä aina möllötän kotosalla, nyt on ollut ihan matkamies maan eloa tämä viimeinen puolivuotta. Irlanti on ihan ässä paikka, suosittelen, ja lennot sinne tosi edullisia. Nuo eläimet oli mielettömiä, en oo koskaan nähnyt noin läheltä.